Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Documenting a Day

 

Microsoft has some very useful products included in their Office suite. Some of the most common are Word. Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Word is probably the most used program in the suite. Word is the most versatile program out of all of them if you were to ask me. With Word you can write school reports, write books, create lists, create storyboards and much much more. I myself use it almost every day to create something like a storyboard for my product team to follow to assist them in finding, duplicating and fixing issues. Word has many advantages such as its ease of use and multitude of options it has for you to customize your work. But that can be a double edged sword for people who are not very computer savvy, too much to choose from. Now Word differs from the other programs in Office like Excel. This program is used to create spreadsheets for entering, saving, categorizing, calculating or graphing information. I will admit I know how to use the very basics of excel currently and I only use it for entering information in my everyday life. But I am now excited to learn more about the more complex inner workings of Excel now that I have seen some of the beginner levels of how to manipulate the program. The major disadvantage of Excel is with as much as it can do it can be very daunting to learn. It has a very steep learning curve to it. But once you do learn how to use a majority of its functions it can be a very powerful tool for people needing to store and categorize information. This leaves the Office program PowerPoint. A program used to create presentations with slides, photos, animations and motion. This one is the program I have the least experience with. Mainly because my mind is a technical mind and not a creative mind. And PowerPoint is a tool for people who need to create interesting and visually entertaining presentations. To me that is the biggest disadvantage to the program, not being creative enough to make something that might not be visually appealing to others. If you are a creative type person the advantage to this program is you can use it to create very visually appealing presentations.

If I were to recommend what I thought was the most versatile and best program to use out of the bunch for documenting a day, I would say that would be Microsoft Word for most people. It gives you plenty of options to spice up the journal entry with photos, different text styles/sizes/colors, bulleted lists etc to make your journal entry a little more visually appealing. It is the one that I believe is the easiest to learn how to use and has the lowest learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment